Recreation and Wildlife
Areas Map and Information
- Swan Lake, 3 miles east and 2
miles north of Tobias, opened in 1996 and offers a complete package
of recreational opportunities.
- Walnut Creek Wildlife Management
Area, located 2.5 miles northeast of Crete, offers a variety of
outdoor activities and is a favorite fishing spot for many southeast
- Clatonia Public Use Area,
located 1 mile north of Clatonia, is a nice place to relax and fish.
- Leisure lake Wildlife Management
Area, located 3 miles south of Plymouth, is a favorite hunting
and fishing spot.
- 3 miles west and 4.5 miles south of Plymouth, Cub
Creek Recreation Area offers outdoor activities for all seasons.
- Facilities for a wide variety of outdoor activities
make Big Indian Recreation Area, 6 miles east of
Odell, one of southeast Nebraska’s most popular lakes.
of Big Indian Rec Area. Visit Big
Indian Recreation Area website.
- With 160 acres of public access, Wolf-Wildcat
Wildlife Management Area, located 6 miles south of Virginia, has
facilities for hunting and fishing. Video
of Wolf-Wildcat Area.
- Bear Creek Wildlife Management Area,
4 miles north and 2.5 miles east of Beatrice, offers hunting and
fishing opportunities. Video of Bear Creek
- Swanton Wildlife Management Area, located on 160
acres, 3 miles north and 1.25 mile west of Swanton, is an excellent
fishing, hiking, and hunting area.
AREAS MANAGED BY NEBRASKA GAME AND
PARKS COMMISSION WITHIN LOWER BIG BLUE NRD
- Rockford Lake Recreation Area-Structure
4-J Mud Creek Watershed located 8 miles east and 2 miles south of
- Diamond Lake Wildlife Management
Area-Structure 5-E and 5-F Big Indian Watershed is 3 miles
west of Odell.
- Arrowhead Lake Wildlife Management
Area-Structure 16-C Big Indian Watershed is 8 miles south of
- Swan Lake Wildlife Management Area-Structure
#2 Swan Creek Watershed is 7 miles east of Milligan.
Top of Page
Top of Page